UPDATED May 2, 2021: Following voter approval of the RISD Bond 2021 Proposal, this page has been archived for information purposes as a reference to the upgrades recommended at our neighborhood schools.
On March 30, 2021, representatives from Richardson ISD hosted an online Zoom meeting to present information regarding the proposed local zoning changes which are up for election as a bond on May 1, 2021. JJP HOA Board Members participated and collected the following overview for your consideration.
Here are details of the proposed plans for JJ Pearce High School and Mohawk Elementary as part of the Bond 2021 Proposal. Visit RISD’s GoVote website https://web.risd.org/govote/ for the latest information about the upcoming elections on May 1.
On May 1, the Richardson ISD community will vote on the district’s $750 million bond package.
RISD plans to keep its debt service tax rate at the current $0.35/per $100 of taxable value even if RISD voters approve Bond 2021. One proposition for $694 million is for capital construction, infrastructure, repairs, safety and security, and equipment. The other proposition is for $56 million for student and staff technology.
Some of the projects the proposed Bond 2021 package would fund include:
- Renovate aging campuses
- Repair and maintain schools
- Expand schools experiencing enrollment growth
- Begin the process of moving RISD to the 6-8 grade middle school model
- Provide safety and security enhancements for schools
- Update instructional materials and equipment for students
- Provide new school buses and district maintenance and security vehicles
- Provide updated computer devices for students and staff along with upgrades to the district’s technology infrastructure
For detailed information regarding each proposed phase of construction and updates at each school, please refer to the following documents:
BOND2021_210330_RISD JJPHS_Community Meeting